The shop only had one left, or I would have purchased more,
what can you do with just one charm pack?
I saved it until I could come up with the right project...and...
I saw this genius tutorial on The Missouri Star Quilt Company website on how to make Cathedral Windows with a charm pack.
I am going to show you pictures of how I did it, but more than likely you will need to watch the tutorial for it to totally make sense.
Look it up.
Did I mention that it was genius?!
I decided that instead of the mat that was featured in the tutorial,
I would make a pillow.
I started by laying out 16 squares...
and arranged them on top like this...
Each one made a pocket,
which is shown in this picture with the tape measure.
centering them in the five diagonal squares.
Because each of the folded edges of the triangles is on the bias,
it works to overlap them over the raw edges of the top five squares.
In this picture you can see how I top-stitched the first square
into the first "cathedral window."
Next, I strayed from the tutorial.
There was so much bulk in the back where all the corners met,
that I carefully trimmed it away,
leaving the center of the window.
Since I decided this would be a pillow,
those extra lumps would have been a problem.
It simply worked better on my machine that way.
I added batting, sewed the front to the back,
added four orange/red buttons I found in my button box for fun,
stuck it into a pillow form...
and it's a Cathedral Window pillow!